Skip to Content

History

A brief history

ÁG Furniture Ltd. was founded in January 1956 by master cabinet maker Ásgeir J. Gudmundsson and his wife María Sigmundsdóttir in small premises of 40 square metres (430 sq.ft.) in central Reykjavík. It moved to larger premises in the neighbouring borough of Kópavogur in 1962, followed by a further move and expansion in 1977. The final move to our current 3240 square metre (34,875 sq.ft.) premises at Bæjarlind 8–10 took place in the spring of 1999. Here we have our factory, offices and showroom all under the same roof. ÁG Furniture’s employees are currently approximately 25 in number.

Bæjarlind 8–10, Kópavogur

In the early days ÁG Furniture manufactured many kinds of furniture. The manufacture of office furniture began in 1973 and roday the firm specializes in this field. Production includes the popular FLEX range of office furniture by interior designers Guðrún Margrét Ólafsdóttir og Oddgeir Thórdarson. We also manufacture the SPUNI and SPROTI ranges of conference room and cafeteria furniture as well as the SPEKI range of school furniture, all of which are designed by Erla Sólveig Óskarsdóttir.

ÁG Furniture has always laid emphasis on meeting the demands of the market for good quality furniture and always employs experienced designers for product development.

Our designers:

From left: Guðrún Margrét Ólafsdóttir and Oddgeir Thórdarson, Erla Sólveig Óskarsdóttir



Drupal vefsíða: Emstrur